scarab n : scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians [syn: scarabaeus, Scarabaeus sacer]
EtymologyFrom scarabeé, from scarabaeus, from κάραβος.
- Finnish: pillerinpyörittäjä
- Russian: скарабей
- Finnish: skarabee
Scarab beetle may refer to:
Scarab may refer to:
- Scarab (constructor), a Formula One race car constructor which was formed by Lance Reventlow
- Stout Scarab, limited production automobile
- Scarab, the NATO reporting name for the SS-21, Russian short-ranged tactical ballistic missile
- Scarab (comics), a comic book series published by Vertigo Comics
- Scarab, a land vehicle used in the Battlestar Galactica science fiction series.
scarab in Italian: Scarabeo
scarab in Dutch: Scarabee
scarab in Norwegian: Skarabé